Last week, Jaeden and I were able to go on a date! Like a REAL date! Not a running errands date or pretend our son isn't with us date, lol. I had heard and seen Due West perform once several years ago, but that had been a blind date so I didn't get to enjoy all the sappy country songs with one I loved or cared about. I didn't know the guy sitting next to me, we were in front row seats, and the performers kept hinting at us to kiss during one of the songs - but we didn't know each other so we weren't budging! Haha. Other than that, I had a great night back then...I even bought a poster and CD of the group, how silly!
I went to TOFW (Time Out for Women) recently and LOVED it, of course! That's when I saw a flyer on the wall by the restroom entrance (terrible - right?) advertising that Due West was performing at the Mesa Art Center....
I thought about this performance a lot and finally decided to start looking in to tickets, I almost bought tickets just so my hubby would have to agree to go with me, haha. Decided against it however and shared the information link with him regarding the event. To my surprise, he agreed to go! So I ordered two balcony tickets and waited for the week to end with anticipation!
Let's just say I was probably over excited -- because Due West didn't play my favorite song from before! The songs were super fast and not slow at all! The musical instruments were way too loud and it was hard to tell what the lyrics were to the songs! Not only for them, but the previous performers as well (Firefly and Katherine Nelson)! So the setting definitely was not perfect, BUT I did come away with a greater appreciation for peoples talents and hope that I will always remember to be grateful for my little talents and hope that I can spend more time developing them.
ALSO, I had a BLAST being out with my hubby! Having US time! Being a COUPLE! Not seen by everybody simply as 'parents' or the one with 'that kid'. Absolutely LOVE our son, but sometimes a small break is nice. Thank you to our favorite babysitters! *Wink, wink!* You know who you are! Being able to act goofy and hold my man's hand or HAHA, just being able to SIT next to HIM! Talking and giggling as we walked across the parking lot. The concert went late so we didn't get to stop for our evening treat, but it was SWEET just being in each other's company!
Even better we started the evening out with unexpected FIREWORKS somewhere in downtown Mesa. I absolutely LOVE pointing fireworks out to him while he's driving, lol (SCARED him really bad once :P) I accused him of chasing the fireworks and wanting to get a better look at them, because as we were headed to the Mesa Art Center I felt like we were chasing them - getting closer with each foot we drove onward. It was great! Trying to give him some credit for being romantic lol even though he had nothing to do with it -- that's the part of having fun and being able to relax and enjoy going out together! Our next expedition will most likely NOT include a concert....for a LONG time, haha, but I was glad to add it to our list of experiences together. Thank you, Due West and guests!
US.....and are not so great camera phones!
Meet Due West!

No comments:
Post a Comment